Free Your Voice and Body Stories Training Sept 2023-May 2024: SOLD OUT
I am so excited to announce the launch of my 9-month training program to help you rebirth and transform. It will center QTBIPOC, BIPOC, and white queer & trans folks.
This training will be a combination of my courses Free Your Voice, Sing Your Story, and Chakra Tuning and help you sing from a fully embodied place. Our bodies hold both our trauma and our wisdom. By going deep into them, we can hold and heal our experiences and rewrite new narratives. What new truths want to be spoken, sounded and sung into the world? What do you want to birth in 9 months? What will you metamorphose into?
Do you want to
- Sing from your whole body, not just your throat?
- Uncover stories of different body parts/chakras and rewrite your narratives?
- Discover and give voice to various characters living inside you?
- Be aware and intentional about where in your body you are sounding and singing from?
- Create improvisational music from different energy centers/chakras in your body (ie, connect to your heart and love or to your solar plexus/belly and power)
- Give and receive sound healings for different body parts
- Play, play, play!
I will share creative tools (voice work, movement, drawing, writing, theater, and improvisational singing and performance) that have helped me on my own healing journey. Some influences are:
- Fitzmaurice Voicework to destructure and restructure the body
- Sharing Your Life Story from Page to Stage with Ann Randolph
- Drama therapy and Autobiographical Therapeutic Performance with Armand Volkas
- Tamalpa Institute–Body Part Mythology
- Vocal Improvisation with Rhiannon
- Circle singing with Bobby McFerrin
- Mindfulness and loving kindness practices for the body
This training is recommended if you have already taken a 10-week class with me and want to go deeper or if you have some experience with voice work, expressive arts, somatic practices, and improvisational performance. You will benefit from this course if one or some of the following apply:
- You want deep healing through embodiment
- You love to play and improvise in community
- You crave connection with others
- You are a singer or performer and want to come from an authentic, internal foundation
- You are a facilitator, healer, therapist, or change agent and want to fill your own well and come away with more tools for your own clients
Classes will be held at Green Yogi Telegraph, 2807 Telegraph Ave., Berkeley on the 1st and 4th Wed of the month from 6-9pm and the 2nd/3rd Sunday of the month from 11am to 6pm.
We will start from the root (perineum, legs, feet) and go up the body and energy centers to arrive at the crown/top of the head. Each month we will focus on a different body part/chakra and its stories and learn how to sing from that part of our body and give voice to its songs.
September: Introduction to the Body/Ancestral Supports (spine) Wed Sept 6; Sunday Sept 17; Wed Sept 27
October: Grounding/Roots (Legs/Feet/Perineum: 1st chakra) Wed Oct 4; Sun Oct 15; Wed Oct 25
November: Creativity/Sexuality (Pelvis: 2nd chakra) Wed Nov 1; Sun Nov 12; Wed Nov 29
December: Power/Intuition (Solar Plexus, Belly: 3rd chakra) Wed Dec 6; Sun Dec 10; Wed Dec 20
January: Love/Protection (Heart/Chest: 4th chakra) Wed Jan 10; Sun Jan 21; Wed Jan 31
Feb: Connection (Arms/Hands: Extension from the heart) Wed Feb 7; Sun Feb 18; Wed Feb 28
March: Communication/Truth (Throat/Neck: 5th chakra) Wed Mar 6; Sun Mar 17; Wed Mar 27
April: Visioning (Head/Face/3rd Eye: 6th and 7th chakra) Wed April 3; Sun April 14; Wed April 24
May: Integration Wed May 1; Sun May 12; Wed May 22
The cost is $3240 for 108 hours over 9 months ($360/month). Payment plans are available. Sliding scale and scholarships available for folks in financial need. To apply for the program, please fill out this application. Admissions are on a rolling basis. THE COURSE IS FULL, but please contact me to be on the waitlist and to apply for next year!