Phoenix is a gift on so many levels. When they sing or play their instruments, there is an ethereal, healing quality that brings a deep sense of peace–Sherry Goldstein, Owner of Yoga Sanctuary, LV
I offer private, small group, nonprofit, institutional, corporate, and public performance sound baths both in person and virtually.
THE BENEFITS OF SOUND HEALING
Our bodies are vibrating with sounds (that we mostly can’t hear), and when certain parts are not well, they don’t vibrate at their optimal frequency. Sound has the ability to retune our cells. You often leave a session feeling relaxed, refreshed and renewed. You may feel more energized, lighter, or that you released something. Painful knots might break open as energy starts to flow through stuck places. Your whole body may vibrate and tingle.
WHAT HAPPENS IN A SESSION
I tune the body from root to crown. I often start with shamanic Buffalo drumming that induces the theta brain wave, which gives clarity, calm and increased creativity. Esraj is a beautiful, mournful stringed instrument from India that is great for opening the 2nd chakra. I also give didgeridoo sound healings over various chakras of your body. Didgeridoo is an earthy, low frequency with many overtones that is particularly helpful for breaking up energy blocks. Then I bring in Native flute to open the heart chakra. Hapi drum, hand pans, and Tibetan bowls help open the higher chakras. Throughout the sound healing, I use my voice to call in healing through Sanskrit mantra and prayers, spirituals, shamanic chanting, and angelic singing.
GRACE CATHEDRAL 4TH MONDAY MONTHLY SOUND BATH, 1100 California St., SF
Fractals of Sound (Sam Jackson crystal bowls, gongs; Egemen Sanli sitar, saz, hand pans; and I didgeridoo, esraj, Native flute, hand pans, voice) along with a rotating guest musicians at the magnificent Grace Cathedral in SF. You can come in person and be bathed in the beautiful sound and light show. Buy tickets here. Dates for 2024: 7-8:30pm
- Jan 5: Ophilia Mandara, vocals (New Year)
- Jan 22: Eliyahu Sills, oud, bansuri, & upright bass
- Feb 26: Eki’Shola, keyboards and soulful vocals (Black History Month)
- March 18: Dj Drez & Janet Stone, turntables & vocals (Women’s History Month)
- April 22: Earth Day with whales, dolphins and other ocean sounds
- May 20: Falsa, Sufi vocals (Asian American Heritage Month)
- June 17: Gabriel Navia, Spanish guitar (Pride)
- July 29: Shirley Muramoto, Japanese koto
- Aug 19: Bodhi Starwater, South American flutes
- Sept 23: Destani Wolf vocals (Hispanic Heritage Month)
- Oct 11: Dj Drez, turntables
- Oct 28: Fractals of Sound
- Nov 25: Destiny Muhammad, harp (Native American Heritage Month)
GRACE CATHEDRAL LABYRINTH YOGA, 1100 California St., SF
I am one of the featured musicians at the weekly Labyrinth yoga class at Grace Cathedral. I play didgeridoo, esraj, Native flute, hand pans, percussion and sing. This is an experience not to be missed. I was featured in SF Magazine’s Best of the Bay for yoga music. Buy tickets here.
Dates for 2024 Tuesday evenings 6:15-7:30pm with Darren Main:
Dates for 2023 Saturday mornings 9-10am with Alison Cardenas and Europa Grace:
THE CENTER SF, 540 Fillmore St., SF
- Yoga Sound Bath the 4th Sunday of the month 6-7:30pm, I partner with Rebecca Rogers with hands on assists, chanting, candlelight, and love
- Theta Drum Journey and Sound Bath the 4th Tuesday of the month 7:30-9pm. Journey to the upper or lower world and contact spirits, angels, guides, ancestors and get clear, calm and creative and then be bathed in a sound bath
GREEN YOGI TELEGRAPH, 2807 Telegraph Ave., Berkeley
- Theta Drum Journey & Sound Bath the second Friday 7-8:30pm of the month.
PUBLIC SOUND BATHS & ORGANIZATIONAL EVENTS
I have given sound baths at yoga studios/healing centers and for community organizations, nonprofits and corporate events. Clients include SF LGBTQ Center, Trauma Transformed, Lululemon, and Willka T’ika Retreat Center in Peru. Rates are negotiable but typically start at $500/hour for small community organizations and go up to $1000/hour for larger institutions. These can also be done virtually.
PRIVATE & SMALL GROUP SOUND HEALING SESSIONS
I provide a personalized session of different instruments for sound healing including didgeridoo, esraj, Tibetan bowls, Native buffalo drum and flute, hapi drum, and voice. This experience can retune your cells and bring you back to optimal health. Private sessions start at $140/hour in my home and go up based on number of people. Private events (baby blessings, birthday parties) at your home usually start at $350-$500/hour and go up based on number of people.
SOUND HEALING IN YOGA CLASSES
I provide intuitive, heartfelt live music and sound healing for yoga classes. I play in all styles of classes including vinyasa, yin, and restorative. I incorporate all instruments including voice/flute for meditation/relaxation, hand drums for more energizing poses, esraj and hapi drum/hand pans for cooling poses, and didgeridoo sound healings over people’s hearts during savasana or other restorative poses. I have performed at Om Rising, Wanderlust, Esalen Yoga & Music Festival, the Yoga Journal Conference, and retreat centers around the world. Rates start at $175/public class and go up for festivals and larger events.